From:
Marta -Cricket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 07:31:13 PDT
I have been reading this wonderful digest for a few months now.  I have 3
wonderful little babies.  4 months, 3 months, and 2 months.  I took them in
for their vaccinations yesterday, and the vet mentioned that someone was
looking to give away a baby and he'd given him my number!  Well, he called
the house before I got home and my boyfriend answered.  He wanted the baby.
I told him I wasn't sure we could handle it, but this morning when he got
home from work (he's a truck driver, night shift) he presented me with a new
child.  He seems sweet...a bit nervous obviously, but well behaved.  Nikoali
got his new collar from Marshal Farms on Tue, so the new baby got presented
with his old one.  The other three pounced and started to play.  You can
tell the new baby has been away from other ferrets for a while, but he
seemed fairly happy to have new friends.  PROBLEM.  I guess Robert brought
the baby home because it was obvious that the owner didn't want him and was
going to turn him loose.  He has a small tumor on the end of his tail, and
he is loosing the hair on it.  I know that it might be adrenal gland, but I
just read something on the list that said if they are just loosing hair on
the tail it may be something else.  We are planning on taking him in to get
the tumor removed next week.  Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Also, can
someone tell me what to tell the vet about the adrenal disease?....and, I'm
afraid of the EC something disease you are all talking about.  It makes me
nervous to bring in a sickly baby to infect all my healthy ones.  I'd
appreciate all the help I can get.

THANK YOU
Marta, Robert the rescuer
Angelina "I'm so cute, and Daddy thinks I'm perfect"
Sasha aka Monkey "I'm so cool, I know how to climb everything"
Nikoali "I'm the baby. Gotta love me."
and the new baby Bob (the name doesn't quite match the family. Any
suggestions?) "I think I'm going to like this place.