From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 15:01:38 -0700
Howdy from Eden & the guys in Seattle,
something pleasant for anyone feeling down about the CA legalization
process:

I just got a letter from Senator Richard Mountjoy in California
I wrote to him a month or so back, right before AB 363 was stalled, urging
him to support the Bill of course, and here's what he has to say: (typos are
mine)

"Oct 14th, 1997

Dear Eden:
Thank you for contacting me supporting AB 363, a bill to legalize domestic
ferrets.

Assembly Bill 363 passed the Assembly and stalled in the Senate
Appropriations Committee.  The author of AB 363 plans to have this measure
considered after the Legislature reconvenes in January, 1998.

I voted in favor of a bill to legalize ferrets in 1994 and as a member of
the Senate Appropriations Committee, I plan to vote for AB 363 and to share
my reasons for supporting the legalization of ferrets with the committee.
As you know, California and Hawaii are the only states which prohibit
ownership of ferrets.  I can see no reason to justify a continued
prohibition of ferrets in California.

Again, thank you for your continued interest.
Sincerely,
Richard L. Mountjoy
Senator, 29th District"

it brightened my morning, I hope it does yours too...

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)