From:
Kathleen Hourihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:24:27 -0300
Thanks very much to all of those who replied about my ferret's swollen
glands.

We took her to the vet this morning, and he agreed with those who replied->
it looks like lymphona(sp?) or lymphosarcoma (sp?).

We can't afford chemptheraphy, but she doesn't have lumps in any other spots
(behind legs, etc) and he says she can live 1-3 years more.  Since she is
our SPCA rescue, we are unsure of her age, and we don't know how much longer
she would've lived anyway.

Dr. Benoit did say that some ferrets respond well to vitamin C supplements,
so he gave us the dosage and we're going to do that for her.  Left
untreated, he said that she would not be in pain as she progresses.

There is also an herbal remedy we are going to try, I forget the name, it's
also written down with the dosage.

Again, thanks so much to all who wrote.

-Lita
Charlie and