Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:12:58 -0700
Hi all!  Tavi the Frankenferret is doing fine.  She seems to be spunkier now
than before her surgery.  She attacks the others more frequently now.  It
could be because she is staying in a separate cage from the others until her
staples come out.

Anyway, Jasper--could he be deaf?(male, blaze/badger, FAT, 6 months old)
The facts:
He is the only one that does not
1. come when I call him by name,
2. come when I rattle the ferret treat can,
3. wake up when I let the ferret cage door fall to the ground (it is kind
   of loud, it's the wake up call for the ferrets to come out to play)
4. wake up at any loud noise that the others DO wake up at.

I tested several different sounds that the others came running to but he
didn't.  He was a bitter as a kit but now only does it occationally.  For
some reason I never thought of him being deaf.  He never really *jumped* or
acted startled when I when to pick him up.  Could he be deaf?  What do y'all
think?

Thanks!
Ferret kisses to all,
Laura and The Pawed Quad Squad