From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 02:58:45 -0400
>From:    EP & SD <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Help, before I have a cooked ferret.
>... I have a gas unit heater.  I am picturing one afternoon my poor little
>girl going inside and the heat and fan to start up on her!!  She loves this
>thing and even when running for a while she goes in ...

Well, your dilemma sounds urgent and since time and money are a major factor
I would suggest using hardwire cloth, 1/2 x 1/2 non galvanized, it is very
inexpensive.  To attach this cloth you can drill small holes where safe and
attach with rivets and washers.  If the sheet metal housing is thick enough
you can use self-tapping sheet metal screws (especially if it is an area you
need occasional access).  Without a detail of your heater, only generic
solutions are possible.  None of the above costs much, and most tools can be
either purchased at a discount, rented, or even borrowed from a GOOD friend
or relative.  If you need a specific plan, you will need to email me some
simple drawing with any important details, and I can be more specific.  It
is important that all work be carried out carefully to avoid creating a
hazard or to fail to keep your fuzzbutts out.  I will be happy to guide you
as much as needed, through step by step and keep it simple.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi