From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:13:28 -0600
Hi all!

Firstly I just wanted to say thanx to those of you who are posting the
questions about angora ferrets (aka evil killer vicious biters - that's a
joke, by the way).  Without you being brave enough to expose yourselves and
ask, the rest of us lurkers wouldn't be learning so much from the answers to
your questions!  Thanx also to those of you who take the time to pass on
your knowledge.

It is often hard to know exactly who to ask, so the FML seems perfect for
postings such as the one that started this discussion (please correct me if
I'm wrong here!).

I also have a question: has anyone ever known/had experience with a lazy
ferret?  Can there be such a thing?  I'm relatively new at this ferret thing
(I've had my two for about 4 months now).  The two ferrets I have are female
and male, about 5 and 6 months old (respectively).  Both are "fixed" and
descented.  The female (Rachel) is a little terror, and is ALWAYS on the go,
wanting to play and bouncing around (lots of fun, at times :-).  The male
(Rafael) on the other hand will often come over to where I am and do the
speed bump thing (he just flops down and lies flat on the floor).  I took
him to the vet recently and she said he had a mild temperature and
prescribed antibiotics (the cough he also had is better now), but he is
still acting what I can only describe as lazy, at times.

The two have such different personalities, it is hard to know if this is
normal in ferrets, or if I should be concerned about Rafael's health.  Your
comments as always are welcome!

jackie