From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:52:06 -0400
Someone mentioned in yesterday's FML that they had a 5 y.o.  albino losing
hair on its shoulders.  While it's true that indications of adrenal problems
can start at the base of the tail, by no means is that the ONLY place it
starts.  I had a friend whose ferret's adrenal problems started out on the
belly, and my 6 1/2 y.o.  female chocolate mitt's adrenal indications
started as a spot on her hip.

With the age of the ferret I would immediately think adrenal, and especially
(and I *know* I'm courting trouble when I say this) if the ferret's from
Marshall Farms.  Take him/her to your vet.

Amy, Dave & Sarah (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian and Elektra