Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:20:52 -0800
From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
This a message to all those who have been listed on STARFerret's 6.  ferret
events, and specifically (see listing below) I'd appreciate if you could
describe on the net the various events you have scheduled for your ferret
fun matches, ferret frolics, ferret olympic trials, etc.

Hopefully, if we all conduct the same type of contests, then we could
compare the winners achievements to others in different parts of the
country.  It would be a wonderful accomplishment to know then which ferret
in which city did his(her) best in a specific fun event.  Maybe, someday,
if we were to cooperate in conducting the same kinds of trials, contests,
crazy tricks, etc.  all over the USA, we could then have declarations of
National Champions for the several events.

I would think, that in time, we would build a pseudo-scientific basis for
just what a ferret is capable of doing.  It would be like establishing
standards that when your ferret was given the same opportunity to perform a
given fun event, its achieved results could very easily be an indicator of
your ferret's health and trainability.

Also, your ferret would have an equal chance against the local ferret show
No. 1 blue ribbon winner to show how he can stand up to or even surpass the
blue ribbon winner.  In these contests, no one really cares too much what
your ferret looks like; what's more important is what your ferret can do in
open competition with any ferret, blue ribbon winner or not.  Let's say, it
makes us "more equal."

Here's a listing of the folks we'd like to hear (read) from in describing
their events:
    FARI Spring Frolic  Rhode Island
    [log in to unmask] Gr Vancouver Fert Ass'n Fun Match
    Pittsburgh, PA Ferret Follies [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
    LAFF Ferret Fun Match, Lucketts, VA
    Oregon Ferret Ass'n Fun Match at Clackamette Park in Oregon City
And any others of you out there who'd care to contribute your ideas &
experiences.

Thank you all.  Edward Lipinski,   Der Frettchenlustbarkeitsfuerher von
Seattle, wer vor Freude jauchzet:  Frettchen Vergnuegen! [G.] The ferret
frolics leader who with joy shouts:  Ferret Joy!