Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:26:14 -0400
From:
On Saturday, the Frisky Ferret Shelter hosted a wonderful open house/benefit
yard sale at the shelter in North Reading, Mass.  This fun and educational
event was sponsored by Mass.  Ferret Friends.  Lots of old and new friends
toured Lorraine's shelter and met all those lovable fuzzies waiting for good
homes.  There was plenty of delicious salsa and chips and Lee's homemade
strawberry shortcake to keep everyone happy.  The weather cooperated and
tons of good stuff was sold (lots of stuff left over too!!  :-)

At the end of the day, a distinguished visitor in a Berkeley t-shirt,
shorts, ponytail and matching socks showed up.  We were going to put a price
tag on him and sell him, but since he had been on the road for hours and
claims to have driven through Penna.  on his way from NY to Mass, we felt
sorry for him and gave him something to eat and drink instead.  Pretty good
exchange; he kept everyone entertained with strange anecdotes and lots of
ferret photos.  We weren't sure if he was really who he claimed to be, so we
managed to find a U Missouri alumnus in the group and they exchanged
Miss-information.  He also demonstrated a unique way of telling the age of
male ferrets.  We had to check his pockets on the way out and make sure he
wasn't walking off with Lorraine's little angora, Clancy.  He said he
normally drives a sporty red mustang but showed up in a rather conservative
looking blue rental sedan.  Hey, Bob, dew drop in again on your next New
England adventure!  :-)

Ronnie