From:
Flavia Calzecchi Onesti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:27:24 +0100
Hello everybody!
My name is Flavia and I've been subscribed to this list since Sept.  24th.
I didn't post anything before because I wanted to learn as much as I could
about ferrets, in order to avoid posting silly things :)

My love story with my first ferret (a 3-pounds sable male called Plegine)
began 4 months ago, when I saw him sleeping in his cage in a local pet store
and I couldn't imagine what kind of animal was that.  So I stepped into the
shop and asked it to the clerk.  Yes; it was a Ferret!!  (you'd never guess
it, did you?) :)))))

It was love at first sight when the clerk took him out of the cage and I
kept him for a little while in my arms.  So I began to look for any kind of
information about ferrets on the Internet and found the FAQ, this Mailing
list and many other things.  Now everything is in order and I'm ready to
start living with my new friend !

I built a cage (3x3x3 ft) with his hammock, litter box, bed and some other
toys (a gallery made of an old jeans' leg and other things) and two levels,
but he won't be locked in it, as he will be able to explore my whole
apartment (I carefully checked the ferret-proof-status of it) and will
always come with me, wherever I go.

Actually, I should say wherever WE go, as my boyfriend (with whom I live) is
as enthusiast as me, so the little fuzzy will be incredibly spoiled... This
week we'll go and bring him home!!!!  I can't wait!

I thank you all for your posts, as I learned many many things, and will keep
you all informed on how my furrkid is doing.

Cheers from Italy
Flavia

Jade Eyes  ([log in to unmask])