From:
Diane Vitro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 04:49:50 -0400
I have lots of stuff I need to say, but getting started is hard.  For one
thing, let me add my heartfelt thanks to BIG for such superior work on a
sometimes thankless and overwhelming task.  You are truly a blessing, BIG.

Next, I am hoping to find a suitable location to board my 4 fuzzies in
Oklahoma City for 3 or 4 days over the Thanksgiving holiday.  We will be
driving there to visit my parents, who don't like ANY animal, but certainly
NOT ferrets, and will not allow them in their house.  I however, want my
darlings close enough to visit and to know that they are happy (and healthy)
while we are there, so I'm taking them with me.  My parents live in the
northwestern part of town.  If you can offer any advice, please e-mail me

While shopping for ferret food on Saturday at Cheshire Pet Supply, at Toco
Hills in Atlanta, I happened to see a small cage containing a young albino
ferret.  There was a sign on the cage that said, "NOT FOR SALE".  I inquired
at the desk about the ferret and was told that he belongs to an employee
(who apparently was not present).  I said, "oh, then I guess she brings him
to work with her." I was told, no that the ferret lives there.

I asked if he ever gets out to run and was told that he doesn't.  I told
them that I thought that was terrible.  This store is not a pet store, it
primarily deals in supplies for pets, but they often keep a single ferret
for sale (2 of my 4 came from there).  I told my son in a voice loud enough
for all to hear that we wouldn't be shopping there again.  I have been
lobbying this store for a year and a half to start carrying Totally Ferret,
even going so far as assembling a booklet of FML posts extolling TF virtues
and presenting it to the store.  They have turned a deaf ear, as have other
Atlanta pet suppliers, including PetSmart.  However, I can't understand why
someone wants to adopt a pet only to keep it confined to a little cage in a
store, for everybody and anybody to come along and poke their fingers thru u
the bars, tease, torment, etc.  We even took him out of the cage and held
him, and nobody attempted to stop us.

Finally, someone at my office has been leaving me voice mails and notes in
my chair about needing to find a loving home for two ferrets.  Apparently

her daughter-in-law has developed an allergy to them.  Until I actually
speak to her I don't have any real details.  I expect to put her in touch
with GDFA (surprise, Julianna!), but if anyone is interested, let me know.

Instead of the CompuServe address above, please use [log in to unmask]

Warm fuzzy wishes to all those remarkable little mustelids and to the
humans who love them.

Diane and the Wonderful, Whimsical, Wardancing Business of 4