From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 14:31:03 -0700
Hi FML'ers,

My name is Silk and I'm a ferret.  Well, I think I am anyway.  Mom also
calls me a fuzzbutt, fert, fuzzkid, fuzzie, and "the Silkster", but just
between you and me, I think Mom is a little nuts, and I'm really just a
plain old fashioned ferret.  Anyway, Mom and Dad 'dopted me about 4 weeks
ago, and Mom told me she wrote in about how I broke my front leg, and she
said she started a little cast signing contest - but only one person has
responded so far (sniff).  Although, I love the suggestion (thanks Shari),
more than one phrase would be great!

I do so want Mom and Dad to write something neat on my cast.  I have to stay
in my own little cage for another 7 weeks, so my leg can heal good.  Mom and
Dad were letting me hop around for a few minutes a day, but when I went to
the veter.... the verterun.....the fertinarian?  well the ferret doc.  for a
check-up, she said Mom and Dad shouldn't even let me run around a little in
the bathroom for at least another 3 weeks, or my leg may not heal good.

I'm soooo bored, and whenever Mom and Dad take me out to kiss me I just
struggle and struggle cuz I want to play and dance!  But they say they are
so sorry, and have to put me back in my cage - sigh.  So if anyone knows
anything they could do to give me a little exercise, and keep my leg safe,
that would be good too!

Well, I think Mom is coming, and I have to go read the latest issue of
Modern Ferret, so e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  Oh yeah - uh, let's not
mention that thing about Mom being nuts, O.K.?

Silk, the somewhat grammatically correct ferret
P.S. It's hard typing with one paw!