From:
"Guy E. Gerhard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 17:36:48 -0400
Hi Everybody,

I've been a lurker ever since I subscribed to the FML.  This list has given
me the opportunity to learn a lot of information about my pets and the FAQs
have been an invaluable source of information for my (many) questions.

Today the Ferret Fanciers of Omaha and the LOS Ferret Shelter in Hastings,
Nebraska sponsored a ferret adoption day at PetsMart.  I wanted to stop and
say hi to my fellow club members since I seldom get to go to meetings due to
my weird work schedule.  My SO said, "If we go, you're NOT bringing another
ferret home, four is enough!"  I promised I would comply and off we went.
 When we got there, SO zeroed in on an adorable male named Felix who was up
for adoption.  You can guess the end result, Felix joins our brood later
today!  And I didn't have to say a word!

BTW, this isn't exactly a ferret sighting but I thought I'd mention it.  Last
week on Jeopardy! the $500 clue in the category " 'Et'al" was "Owners of
these pets frequently have their scent glands removed."  Of course the
correct question is, "What are ferrets?"  It was nice to hear my favorite
pets mentioned on my favorite TV show.

Guy and the small business formerly known as the Fab Four,
Thelma--recovering nicely from adrenal surgery
Louise--"I'm the pretty one"
Candy--"I'm the smart one"
Chester--"Duh?"
Felix--"I'm new!  I'm new!"