From:
"Amy J. Nelson-Mile" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:06:01 -0600
Hello all!

As I posted a few days ago, we rescued a beautiful female from a pet store.
At first we couldn't think of a name, and my husband called her ?.  I wasn't
going to carry on like that, though, and we finally settled on Sally.  She's
lively, loving, and cute to the nth degree.  She also doesn't bite as much
as she did when she came--and considering that we've only had her since
Tuesday I'm very impressed with her progress.

Here's something I don't remember reading about in any other posts about
ferret-proofing.  The second night she lived here, I gave her my sweater to
sleep in (the kind you slip on if you're cold--which in Saskatchewan is 9
months out of the year).  Our previous sweetie, Meagan, had loved sleeping
in it, so I didn't realise there could be any problems.

I don't know many knitting terms, so I hope I can get this description
right.  It's a medium-tight weave (?) with cables (?)--anyway, tight weave
sections that run up and down.  When I went to let her out of her cage in
the morning, I discovered that she had spent part of the night worrying
loose a part of one of the cables and had gotten her head stuck between a
now-loosened piece of wool and the rest of the cable.  I RAN for the
scissors because I couldn't get her head out any other way.  Maybe everyone
else knows about this and doesn't let their ferrets sleep in sweaters, but I
thought I'd post about it anyway.

Amy and Alan
Sam and Sally (ferts); Zipper and Kenji (dogs); Tom, Ben, Anna (cats)
in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada