From:
Kaye FitzGerald Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:44:32 +0100
Hi,

Thanks Elizabeth for your response to my query about our 2 ferret boys
picking on Jess,my lurcher.

Yes, I am aware that they play hard, but the problem is that they seem to
really have it in for her and only her.The JRT, who used to hate them so
much he started to eat the wooden hutch to get at them,gets bounced on and
nipped,but also has his ears licked clean and his eyes snuffled round(while
he stands stock still,trembling-fear?rage?)they seem to think he's an
honourary ferret!But poor old Jess, who is as soft as butter, gets the "seek
and destroy" treatment.The minute they catch sight of her they chase her and
if they catch her, they really bite.That's why I wondered if they had an
aversion to black or large dogs or something wierd.

I'm doing to usual "don't bite" treatment of scruffing and nose flicks if
they ignore that, but they just don't seem to care where Jess is concerned.
Buzz seems to be worse than Woody,I wonder if he's the ringleader here?

We'll persevere anyway,but I was just interested to see if anyone else had
come across this type of behaviour,although it seems some folk have the
problem in reverse!!

Thanks for your interest,K.