From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 15:43:18 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Are you wondering if I am still breathing??  The loud mouth in Mid Mo has
been very quiet.  I am alive, barely.  My mystery ailment has returned, so I
had to go to the doc's again.  Missed some school Thursday and Friday.
Unfortunately, the doc's don't have a lot to tell me.  All I know is my
gallbladder, stomach and intestines get all out of whack and they have no
cause for it.

But I have been lectured by my various surrogate moms (thanks Moms), and the
general consesus is that it is all due to stress.  Started school this week
and am having major problems with a student here, so I have been really
stressed out.  And carrying 18 hours at school doesn't help.

I do enjoy my devience and evolution of human sexuality classes though.
Both of the profs, anthropologists, are quite funny.  I will have to write
on personal experience in the devience class (seriously).  Hmmm, wonder what
or who I can write about.  And the other, so far, is discussing bug matings.
How many of you knew that male honey bees explode after mating?  I could
recommend that for some guys I know.  hehe.

Yes, Mags is in an evil mood today.  Feeling my oats I guess.

And yes, I do have a new foster here.  Brock.  He is staying with me, moved
from St. Louis.  His mom, Otterowl, was afraid he was going to get chewed up
by her 2 pups.  He is a big badger panda gonna be, kinda light reddish
brown.  He is the biggest baby.  I also believe he is deaf.  He has a lot of
the same adaptive behaviors that Pookie has.  And from talking with others
that have deaf ferrets, there seems to be some universals in these
behaviours.  It is really quiet fascinating how they adjust to their
surroundings and how they bond differently.  Maybe there is a paper in here
somewhere for a psych major, you think??

As for a paper on giardia, I might be able to work something up.
Unfortunately, have lots of experience with this very common problem.

Monica, write me.  I have managed to misplace your email yet again.  I had
to reinstall some stuff and although I have a hard copy of addresses, I
didn't get yours on it.  Sigh.  I think it is time I invested in a back up
program since I now have a zip drive.

Maggie Mae and her ever growing Mid Missouri Mob of Madness (now 20)