From:
Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:55:31 PDT
Well the Army is sending me to Europe and being owned by ferrets has it's
problems.

The Military will only ship dogs and cats.  So I have booked a civilian
flight, but am now fighting for the ferrets rights!

Here is the skinny on 6 Major US airlines and their policies.

American - Ferrets not allowed.. only as freight

Continental - Ferrets not allowed.. only as freight

US Air - Ferrets allowed on domestic flights in cabin or as luggage with
excess baggage fee.  NO ferrets on international flights..  allowed only as
freight

Northwest - Ferrets allowed on all flights if turned in with luggage, not
allowed in cabin.  $90 excess baggage fee for each cage.  Permission from
destination government and health certificates needed.

Delta - Ferrets allowed on all fights in cabin or as luggage $90 excess
baggage fee for each cage.  Permission from destination government and
health certificates needed.

United - Ferrets allowed on all flights in cabin or as luggage with $100
excess baggage fee for each cage, and if the animals don't fight they can
share cages.  Permission from destination government and health certificates
needed.

My problem is the flight I need to take is US Air out of Philadelphia.  I
have been calling the corporate headquarters and am trying to get to a
decision maker to get the policy changed on internation flights or atleast
an exception for my fuzzies.

I will keep you all abreast of how US Air handles it.

Kevin