From:
Todd Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:24:50 -0700
I think this may already have been mentioned -- rather positive
segment featuring ferrets on "Animal Outtakes".  The opening
narration, entitled "Curious Creatures", is something like "One thing
that separates humans and animals is our ability to ponder the big
questions, such as 'what is the meaning of life?' [...] One question
shared by two and four legged creatures is: 'what in the world is in
the bean bag chair?".  We see two sable ferrets in a doorway, covered
in "beans" standing innocently looking at us.  "What did they do?
What did you *dooooo*?", said sweetly.  "They *opened* the bean bag
chair . . .".  A shot of a portion of the bean bag chair, split open,
with ferret spelunking deep inside, not visible except for a moving
bump.  Then a huge clot of white "beans" surrounding a ferret being
extracted from the (black leather?) bean bag, small pause to admire
and for ferret to sniff and look around innocently, and cut to a
ferret hopping away from the bean bag, covered in "beans" ... ferret
hops up a couple of feet onto a twin bed, takes a few steps, notices
it is covered in white things, weasel wardances, then looks at the
camera and *jumps* straight at us, end of shot with blurry ferret in
mid air sailing toward us.  Applause and laughter throughout.

Todd Cromwell III, Dors and Seldon

P.S. new ferret owners, please keep ferrets out of "beans" for fear of
fatal ingestion.