From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:53:58 -0400
FERRET FEEDING SCHEDULE

>HI!! I have a 1 year old ferret and i don't know how many times a day that
>she should eat.sometimes I  feed her 3 times,sometimes twice.how many times
>should  I feed her??

Please leave fresh, dry ferret or kitten food available for your ferret at
all times.  Ferrets should not be on a feeding regimen.  They have very
short digestive tracts, so they need to eat every 3.5 - 4 hours.

Ferrets need to eat a food with at least 32% protein and 18% fat.  The first
few ingredients listed on the bag should be poultry/meat products.  Corn
should not be listed within the first few ingredients.  Totally Ferret
(available thorough mail order at 1-800-843-1738) or Iams Kitten (available
in local pet stores) are both highly recommended.  Of course, you should
also make clean water available at all times.

Cheers,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets