From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:36:48 -0400
Sukie wrote:

>been some recent reports that some N.E. ferrets were instead given a
>homeopathic "vaccine" but that the vaccine does not work and deaths from
>distemper have resulted.)

This is interesting to read, Sukie, and if you could put me in touch with
your source I'd appreciate it.

For the rest of the list's information, the 'homeopathic vaccine' is called
a 'nosode' and although I'm fuzzy on the procedure it's *supposed* to be
similar to a standard veterinary vaccine but is, well, different.  For
example, in dogs, a nosode for kennel cough would involve taking mucous
secretions from a dog with kennel cough and preparing the nosode from that,
then giving the nosode to the dogs to be 'vaccinated.' The issue with
vaccines is that they're prepared with too many potentially toxic chemicals
and the nosode is a more natural approach.  In some states nosodes are legal
alternatives to vaccines but I don't believe studies have been done at ALL
on effective ferret nosodes.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters