Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 17:57:51 +0200
Hello Tim and everyone else,

My female Soda got three infections this spring so she had to eat
antibiotics quite often.  The first two times she ate the medicine without
any problems but the third time (she got the same kind of antibiotic every
time) she began to pass mucus - no stool.  The first she did it it was very
large.  I got extremely worried that she had some sort of obstruction so I
gave her some kittymalt and kept her in a cage alone for the night.  During
the night she had passed normal stools so I could rule out obstruction.  The
next day she had passed some more mucus and since I know that she has a
quite sensitive tummy I was wondering if it could be some sort of reaction
to the antibiotic (she also threw up once or twice).  That evening she
totally refused to take her penicillin (neither my boyfriend or I could hold
her and she had never reacted like that before) so I decided that she
probably knew what was causing the problems and let her go without.  I put
her in the cage for the night and again she had normal stools.  I contacted
our vet and told her about all this and since the infection had been gone
for a couple of days we decided to take her off medication.  The problems
disappeared.

Maybe your cousin's ferret is reacting to something in his new food.

Just my 2 cents...

Maria