From:
Zephris Arloc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:44:23 -0400
As all good ferret owners know, ferrets are Natural Born Tunnelers.  So they
feel comfortable sleeping under a blanket...kinda like a hole in the ground
above ground.  Well..... My ferret (Speedy Nose) has kicked the blanket
habit.

Here's how to get your ferret to kick the blanket habit without the
prescription or the gum.

step 1.  Everybody drinks milk.  So....when the jug is empty, clean and cut
a 2 1/2 inch diameter hole on on side.  Place in cage and observe.

Speedy promptly dragged his blankie in there, shoved himself in there and
went to sleep.

step 2.  After about 1 week (once he gets used to the idea), replace the
milk jug with an empty 3-liter coke bottle with a 2 1/2 inch diameter hile
on the side.  He will leave the blankie for the bottle which will remind him
of a natural hole in the ground.

The only thing you really have to worry about is chewers.  If they chew
things with a vengeance then you might not want to give them the bottle.
But I haven't had any problems.  In fact, the best response I've had is from
a friend who didn't see the hole on the side and wondered how I got him out
of the bottle ("What do you do just pour you some ferret?")

Also, a matter of grave importance.  My step-father has gone into open-heart
surgery.  As a result, I have had to take over the house and bills.  I work
at Pizza Hut..... any money saving suggestions or prayers are strongly
welcomed.

Thank you

Zephris