From:
Sam Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:17:08 +0000
Okay, it's that time of year again.  Spring.  Time for the ferrets to move
into their summer home (outdoor cage) and time for the winter home to be
dismantled, fully cleaned and rebuilt.  Oh joy!!

Started at 8 this morning, totally redid the summer cage, in preparation for
the ferrets.  Even while raining (which the ferrets still attract by being
outside) it's warm now, so I spend time (it's sunny 'cause they aren't out
yet!!) making sure at least half the cage remains dry... By 11am I'm
exhausted, the cage is ready, and the ferrets are outside.

I take a break, of course hehehe

Then onto the big job... well, I'm on the smaller cage now - it's 6' high,
and 4' by 4' wide.  Surely it can't be that hard?  hahahahahaha To bring you
up to date, it's now 5pm my time.  Except for a few times on the 'net, (so
I'm addicted) I've been working on this thing.  Still going.  I've finally
(FINALLY) managed to get the thing to come apart (some judicious placement
of a little oil to get the nut removed from the bolt...) Well, that was fun.

Now, still ahead, I'll be finishing cleaning (not much to go now), I'll be
finding a new place for the cage and set it up again, then I'll have to
dismantle my desk, because there are a couple of boys (ferrets, of course!)
coming in to visit for a few days... Ahhh, the joys.  Actually I'm looking
forward to it, but don't want to do this too much longer!!

Oh well, it'll be finished... one day.

Okay, off to finish it!!!

 Sam

Take a look at this Ferret Christmas Card! It's at:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/cards.htm

Dates have changed! You've now got until October 25!