Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:39:56 -0400
Hi Everyone

Many thanks to all that responded to my post regarding DaVinci's enlarged
lymph nodes.  The concensus was to get a second opinion as it may not be
lymphoma but some sort of infection.  (he was sleeping alot, lymph nodes are
small - not super large like most cases ) If anyone knows of a good ferret
vet on Long Island - please let me know.

On a lighter note - I've always meant to post these ferret tidbits.  Mr.
Ferret loves to chase the carpet sweeper ( I think it's called a Hokie?)
Most things he gets bored with pretty quickly - but the carpet sweeper has
been his friend for years.  He runs infront, behind it, jumps over it - he
gets extreemely excited when it goes under the area rugs.  Friends can
hardly believe what they are seeing when I stop the carpet sweeper at the
edge of the rug, DaVinci then races ahead and actually pulls the edge of the
carpet up with his paws so that the carpet sweeper can get in !  He chases
it under the carpet - wagging his tail - I guess thats why they call them
carpet sharks.

Mr. Ferret is also very picky eater - he almost never trys anything new - if
he sees me eating something - he runs up, sniffs it - then sniffs my mouth
to see if I'm really eating it.  I have one of those plastic weighted double
water/food dishes for him.  When he eats, he first rolls on his back and
shakes and flips the bowl up.  For a while I did not know why he insisted on
making a mess of his food - then it dawned on me that he was slopping water
from the water side to the food side.  ( he would make a whole process out
of it, back, shake, check food....back ) Now I just sprinkle a bit of water -
if I forget - he lets me know or does his routine.  Can't let the food get
soggy though - he likes it right out of the box with a dash of water.

Thanks, Mark
Delmaxia Systems

HTTP://www.delmaxia.com/