Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:30:50 -0500
Usually, I lurk or respond directly to the person.  Lately, it seems people
are being led into thinking if their situation doesn't allow them to keep
their beloved fuzzies, they are something less than loving.

Before that thought crosses your mind, I can tell you from personal contact
it is the last thing these people have.  For them, it is the most heart
rendering thing they will probably ever have to do.  For the person
accepting their fuzzies, it is just as hard because we see the pain and
agony: knowing we aren't really helping the individual, but helping the
fuzzies.

The person will go home to a lifeless house, no longer a home.  They will
still expect to see toys on the floor, but they aren't there.  They will
hurry to make sure the water bottles are filled; but there are none.  Will
go to check the food supply, but it is gone.

I have accepted into my home fuzzies from owners who couldn't keep them and
saw the pain and agony.  I have heard and seen them cry when they parted.  I
cry too, because my heart says, "my God, this isn't fair." In some respects,
a death of a fuzzie is easier than to have to knowingly part with your
closest friend (even though you know it is in their best interest, NOT
yours).

As I wrote this there are tears streaming down my face, I can vividly see
the faces and anguish of the owners of the fuzzies in my care.

Margie