From:
Holly Amber Callaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:25:03 -0400
Look closely at your ferrets blue spots, assuming he is a dark color, you
will see the beginning of tiny hairs growing there.  Sable or dark ferrets
tend to look blue when they are growing new guard hairs.  This is especially
present if ferrets that have been shaved ( No I don't shave my ferrets, i
mean for surgery and stuff).  In fact, I recall one person rushing their
recently operated on "blue" ferret to the vet, to discover, to their relief,
that the ferret was blue because his hair was growing back.

On colds: Yes ferrets can get colds, they usually have the same symptoms and
humans.  Humans and ferrets can pass colds back on forth.  The treatment for
ferrets is the same as for us, lots of rest and fluids.  However, if your
ferret is just sneezing it may have allergies to dust, pollen, ect.  This a
bad time of year for ragweed and other allergens.  Try vaccuming their play
area more to remove sneezy stuff from the carpet.  If sneezing is severe,
consult your vet.

Holly
TJ and Rascal

PS.  Don't forget about the show in Atlanta, GA on OCT. 11 !
Sponsored by the GA Domestic Ferret Assoc.