Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:28:19 -0400
Hello all!

I recently moved to Sandy Springs, GA (just south of Roswell, in the
northern area of metro Atlanta) and was scouting around for a local pet
store which carries what I need.  I was referred to Roswell Pet Supply.  I
was delighted to see that their window display included ferrets and then
doubly delighted that they stock the particular litter and food that my
fuzz-butts prefer.  Curious, I asked if they had any ferrets in stock.  The
proprieter (a very nice lady) showed me into a back room where a lone ferret
was sleeping soundly in a nice spacious cage.  He had plenty of good food, a
clean litter box, plenty of clean water and a large cage.  My only complaint
is that the cage flooring wasn't covered but considering the horror stories
about some pet stores I've read about here I was pretty relieved by the
conditions.  The sad part of the story is that he's been there 8 months,
since he was a tiny kit and now they can't seem to sell him because everyone
wants kits only.  She said she gets all their ferrets from a breeder by the
name of Nancy (are you reading this?).  Apparantly they have arranged to
send him back to the breeder next week.  He is a biter and the lady at the
store is afraid to handle him much.  He is HUGE, the biggest ferret I've
ever seen (much bigger even than my 3.5 lb Bobby) and he has the saddest
wise-old expression on his face.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the breeder plans to do with him, hopefully it
would mean he could be in an environment to play with other fuzzies and have
a more normal life but the lady at the pet store didn't seem to have any
other information.  I just wanted to share the info in case someone with
more knowledge about this could fill me in or look in on him.  I'm in the
process of battling my husband and Bobby McFerret to let me keep Mia, the
ferret I've been ferret-sitting so I can't see bringing him into my home but
it would be nice to see the story have a happy ending.  If anyone can
reassure me about the breeder situation feel free to email me.

Thanks!

Shannon