From:
Heather Joan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:09:39 -0400
I had my ferrets outside in the grass to play.  After being back in the
house for about 15 minutes, I noticed that Jasper was choking and it looked
like he couldn't breathe.  We rushed him to hte vet and she said that he had
had an allergic reaction.  After giving him a shot of benadryl he was
getting better.  What a scare.  I don't put him in the grass much more.

One of my ferrets Chumpey loved to hide and I knew it.  He usually would
come to me when I called his name.  One time while being loose I didn't hear
him anymore and I got nervous.  After calling his name many times.  I was
really starting to freak.  I looked everywhere.  Finally, I decided to shake
a bag of treats.  in seconds a pile of clothes started to shake, and there
he was.  He had gone to sleep.  What a relief!!  That is a very common place
to hide I have noticed and almost any ferret will come to the sound of
treats or food.

Heather, Coconut, Jasper, Chunkey, Coco-puff
and even though he is an Rainbow Bridge, Chumpey