From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:31:19 -0400
The Durham (North Carolina) Animal Protection Society has a ferret up for
adoption - call if interested in this "sweet & affectionate" fellow @
919-560-0640.

Karen Marsh-Lovvorn of Rogues' Gallery Ferret Shelter of NC has information
about eight (8) ferrets up for adoption, most are pairs and two are singles,
I recall.  Check out the club website for more information.

In the News & Observer (Raleigh, NC) weekend newspaper:

Ferret, female, sable, very sweet, does not bite, well behaved.  3 story
cage.  $250.  (Email me for the telephone number.)

Ferret, 1 yo, very tame/gentle, cage/access., $200.  (Email me for the
telephone number.)

On another note from the N&O:

North Carolina's head Public Health Official, Dr. Lee Hunter, was awarded
the NC Veterinary Medical Association's Distinguished Veterinarian of the
Year.  "Hunter [was praised] for his role as an educator during the current
[raccoon] rabies crisis, providing testing and disseminating public health
information."

Guest Speaker at the September 13th Triangle Ferret Lovers club Cook-Out is
Dr. Johnson Russell, DVM.  Concerns to be addressed will be: How do county
officials interpret the law, Public Health Officials' stance on ferrets, and
How to get the state to recognize Imrab-3 as a proven rabies vaccine, plus a
10-day quarantine.

Shari Gunter
Newsletter Editor
Triangle Ferret Lovers club, North Carolina
http://www.trifl.org