From:
Maggie Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 16:40:01 -0500
No, not that kind of bedding!!!!  LOL!  Actually, I could use a few tips
there myself.  hehe.

I have lots of different bedding for the ferrets here, have to with 19 of
the little buggers running around.  So I thought I might just pass along my
observations on the subject.

First, towels are great, up to a point.  But the snag something fierce and
can hang up on toenails really easily.

Noni in Houston has some great stuff she was given.  Someone cut to size a
mattress pad for a cage.  I think this is a great idea and now that I have
my sewing machine with me again, I may attempt to do this.  Yes folks, I
can't sew.  Cook like a demon, but no sewing.  I would tend to think that
surgers would be great to hem the pad with.

Airline blankets.  Yep, those little blue things.  Hey, I have even asked
and been allowed to take them.  I got my first ones 5 years ago and only now
need to pitch them.  And only because they are linting something horrible.
The ferrets love these things!!

Cheap all cotton throw rugs.  You can get small ones for around $5.  They
can work out really well.

As you can see, the main thing is washability.  I also try to have a couple
of changes for each cage I maintain.  That way I can change them out without
doing laundry immediately.  And I wash all the pet bedding with 20 Mule Team
Borax.  It kills fleas, is relatively non toxic, and it will get rid of any
odor.  Even cat urine.  Find it by the laundry soaps in the grocers.

Mags