From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 06:10:40 -0400
MROCHAC  sez...
I tasted it (Sorry, but it is true.  If I was making her eat it, the least I
could do was to try it) and to tell you the truth it wasn't bad.

Melissa Litwicki sez...
I'm sorry, I have to butt in and remind everyone that ferrets also think
sweaty shoe insoles and dirty socks are tasty.  :) I generally don't taste
food that the ferrets seem to like because their tastes are somewhat
suspect, and because hey, if they like it, more power to 'em.  :)

And I say...
Well I tried some of the things they like and I gotta agree with Melissa,
ferrets have strange taste.  Our version of Duck Soup: Vanilla Ensure,
ground Totally Ferret, Nutrical and Brewers yeast tastes AWFUL, but they
snarf it right down!

Also, my husband licked his ferret's nose (well, they lick each other's
noses all the time so he figured he would participate) and he said it tasted
terrible, kinda salty.

So even if their tails do smell like root beer (why is that, it is TRUE!)
ferrets like some pretty wierd stuff, as well as things like bananas, fruit
loops and jam.

Face it, ferrets are pretty bizzare little critters!  - but I love 'em
anyway.

Ann