From:
Jason & Alison Overstreet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:58:26 -0500
Hello to all of you!

We are so happy to let you know that Oliver is home and seems just fine!  He
spent about 14-16 hours wandering who knows where, but ended up at 10 a.m.
at a couple's front porch on a house approx.  1000 ft.  from us (down a
hill).  We spent the better part of the night making fliers and talking to
our friends, Sam and Kymberlie (a BIG thank you once again to you both!!),
about what to do to find him.  Jason and I notified many of our neighbors,
called animal hospitals and vets, reported him as a missing pet with the
police, and posted his flier everywhere from light poles to convenience
stores to pizza and mail deliverers (and it seems like everywhere else in
between!=)).

At 11 I got a call from a woman who had him and it turns out she lives just
down the hill from us!  Oliver was on their front porch looking in at their
cocker spaniel, who was barking away at him.  The husband did not know what
a ferret looked like, and thought it was a wild animal until he saw Oliver's
collar with the bell.  He then called his wife in and she identified it as a
ferret.  They thought he looked pretty friendly and knew he must be
someone's pet.  So, the couple opened the door and in came Oliver!  As he
invited himself in, he must have thought this house was his, because he
bounded up their staircase like he does here at home!!  =)

They tried to feed him, but he wouldn't eat.  They put him in the bathroom
and played with him.  Decided to call the police who identified Oliver as
ours, and they called me!  What a wonderful relief it was to hear that he
had been found and was alright!  We had some pretty bad weather last night
to top all this off...rain, wind, etc.  I hope this never, ever happens
again....not to us or anyone!

So, Oli came home to a big, fat raisin, ate lots of his food, and then
curled up with his bro and sis, Petey and Chloe.  They all seemed so happy
to be together again!  Oliver really seems OK...pretty tired and dirty, a
few fleas, and was _very_ hungry.  I am taking him in tho on Mon.  for a
check-up just to be on the safe side.

Just wanted to let all of you know what happened!  We have many wonderful,
supportive friends from all over the world...we felt very lucky to have you
on our side during this awful ordeal.  Thank you all for your super advice
and positive thoughts!!

Big fuzzy hugs and kisses to your little ones...

--Alison and Jason

/`\    ____  ,^.-,   Jason,Alison,Petey,Oliver, & Chloe    ,-o^,  ___   /'\
  ``-,'    `-';~~       email: [log in to unmask]         ~~;'-'   `-''
    .',-'~`../'    web: http://www.primenet.com/~jalison/     `\..'~';,'