From:
Cheryl J Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:03:52 -0400
First reference, my husband was watching "Real TV" and they had a clip of a
firm that deals with animal control.  In the lead up, I saw the man hauling
out a white ferret and hoped that wasn't the "monsters" the lady called
about (no that was a possum).  But they said they released all the animals
later on in a wild area; I was hoping the man realized ferrets weren't wild
and took it to a shelter.  But if you did not know what a ferret was, you
probably wouldn't have recognized it from the clip.  I also saw a white
ferret used in a "Star Trek :TNG" called "Chain of Command" (part II, I
think) - it was the pet of a Cardassians child.  Once again it was such a
quick shot it wasn't recognizable at first (I rewound the tape and paused to
get a good look - must get that ferret fix!).  The last reference is in a
comic book series.  Humans took animal DNA and inserted it into human DNA.
They made Tartan from a black-footed ferret and Signet from an ermine.  The
story starts in Image comics called Shaman's Tears (issues 2(first intro),
3, and 4(includes a picture of a ferret face, pg.  18)) and concludes in a
mini-series from Windjammer called Bar Sinister.  It makes for interesting
reading but is definitely an adult comic due to violent themes.