From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:39:00 -0400
Dear Beverly and other ferrets lovers,

From personal experience I can tell you that Lysol is toxic to ferrets.  I
know because one of the first ferrets to arrive from a MSPCA in 1994 had
licked up lysol after a cage cleaning.  The ferret " Gus" survived, but it
took 6 weeks of IV's and forced food to bring him around.  From my
experiences I want to make sure everyone understands that Lysol toxicity is
possible-- if you can use it and be assured That it is all dry and no Lysol
remains anywhere the ferret may lick-- then it could be Ok-- we do not have
any in our house!

Sincerely,

Alicia
a shelter Mom