From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 18 Jun 1997 14:44:57 -0700640_- I just talked to the State Virologist (sp?) for Alaska. Their policy
concerning rabies is kill and test, no quarantine, no nothing. If a bite
occurs, kill and test; don't take into account the animal's health or
vaccination record, kill and test.

Apparently, they rely on the Veterinary Compendium (the Virologist just kept
referring to it as "is a book by Bobby Schott called something like "The
Color Genetics of the Netherland Dwarf," often available from small-animal
supply mail-order companies. It opens with a chapter about terminology, the
use of Punnett squares to predict color and genotype, and [...]39_7May199716:21:[log in to unmask] 9705 9330 75 19_Current Kodo Update13_Robert [log in to unmask], 8 May 1997 19:03:27 -0400372_- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I simply can't say thank you enough to everyone on this list and even more.
I apologize for my lack of response to everyone who has e-mailed us letters
of support, help, sympathy etc. It's been overwhelming even to us, what
this one little helpless ferret has done to bring all us ferret people
togeather. [...]38_8May199719:03:[log in to unmask] 9705 9406 17 17_Kodo Update page!13_Krazy [log in to unmask], 3 May 1997 00:46:34 -0500326_- Just letting everyone know that Kodo has is own page so everyone can follow
the pupdates that's happening in MI, and you can help out as well! If you
ahve more info to contribute please send it first to Carrowor at
and he'll pass along the info. Thanks so much and Let's help the little
Guy!48_3May199700:46:[log in to unmask] 9705 9424 14 29_CBS called about Kodo's story31_Mary and Modern Ferret [log in to unmask], 8 May 1997 16:32:22 -0400346_- We just got a call from an assistant producer on the CBS overnight show (Up
to the Minute). They're interested in doing a story on Kodo. We passed on
contact info -- hopefully something good will come of it. I had e-mailed
them early this afternoon. The guy said they've gotten lots of e-mail -- so
it must be doing some good! [...]38_8May199716:32:[log in to unmask] 9705 9439 44 23_Kodo and an observation18_F. Scott [log in to unmask], 9 May 1997 01:27:24 -0400570_- Since this weekend I, like many others around the world now, have been made
aware of the plight of Kodo in MI. Some of the postings and e-mails are
very factual and as unbiased as they can be considering the circumstances.
Others, seemed to be filled with personal judgements as to the motives of
the judge and some other principals. I think these observations are a
little off base. Think back to a year ago during a similar incident in New
Jersey. NO stay was granted for any reason by the judge there. This time
out, Kodo was scheduled to [...]36_9May199701:27:[log in to unmask] 9705 9484 22 16_Bob C about Kodo10_Bob [log in to unmask], 8 May 1997 20:18:04 -0500484_- Hey all:

Kodo-Bob mentioned the possiblity of selling "Free Kodo" t-shirts and
sweatshirts, the proceeds for the rabies defence fund.

E-mail the guy and tell him you will buy mass quantities in assorted colors
and sizes.

Put your money were your ferret is. Remember, it is mucho better to shell
out $20 bucks for a cool t-shirt than it is to watch your ferret's head get
lopped off. It could happen to anyone; it could happen to you. [...]48_8May199720:18:[log in to unmask] 9705 9507 33 32_How about Kodo help at the show?16_Kymberlie [log in to unmask], 9 May 1997 00:23:34 -0400602_- Hi Kodo supporters:

I'm going to the Harrisburg show on Saturday. What better place to solicit
help/information to assist in the Kodo situation than at a ferret show? Is
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 20:57:40 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

Taking a break from the last of my school work.  Finished up my creative
writing portfolio.  He actually gave us extra time, but I am getting it in
by the original date.  See me do the happy dance?

Looks like Georgia may have offered up her two "gentlemen" friends a bit
prematurely.  I have competition.  Ye gads, I haven't thought that way in
awhile.

And yes, I have met Bob C.  He visited me and my ex-husband several times in
Houston.  Both are baseball nuts.  Now that I live in the same town as he
does, I never see him.  I am not sure, but I think that is a good thing.
Two bull headed crazy people who can't stop talking, in the same room, is a
scarey thought.  At least one of us has a sense of humor.

Oh Sukie, what a horrorscope for me!  I already know my ferts have me
wrapped around their tiny paws.  And I just cleaned ears the other night.
BTW folks, a determined Taurus here.  And yes, I am planning on sitting on
the quad tomorrow at school and getting some much needed sunshine.

I will be happily leaving for Houston next week.  Hopefully no more missed
planes.  And I finally found someone to babysit for me.  She has two
ferrets.  Told her just to make sure they aren't hanging off the light
fixtures while I am gone.

As for the great feeding debate, I want to make it clear that most of my
ferrets get only small amounts, rarely, of treats.  Miss Pookie is something
else entirely.  She will eat anything, including rubber.  She gets all kinds
of stuff everyday.  If I didn't share, I would have to eat everything
standing up.  She does hit and runs on my plates.  Before anyone gets upset,
she has a beautiful long, soft coat with lots of silver guard hairs.  She
looks much better than when I got her.  She never gets g.i.  problems.  She
is UberFerret.  And she is my sweetpea.  She follows me everywhere and
kisses me more than anybody.  She also cleans my socks.  On my feet.

And she also keeps pooping on the washing machine!!!!!!

Maggie Mae and the Pookster, hit and run artist extrodinaire