Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:14:26 +0000
From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
My two furrkids were both adoptees, and the three others I had (all with
fatal medical conditions) were also adoptees.  As a condition of adopting
them from the MN Ferret Association, I signed a contract stating that I
could not give or sell them to anyone, and that if I had to get rid of them,
I had to give them back to the Association.  And, when they died, to inform
them and give the reason.  This made me feel good to get my kiddos from an
organization that would at least take the time to make up the papers and
talk with you about it.  Rosa and Taz's former owners were kids who had
grown up and couldn't take them with to college.  I talked to the mother who
was very happy that they had found a home and were doing well.  Fezwig went
through several people and came to the Association by way of a woman who did
not have the time to give the ill girl the attention she needed.  Fezwig's
foster-mom and I were in contact, and the woman liked to hear how the (going
bald) fuzzmonster was doing.  Rocky and Coco's people expressed no interest
in them after turning them over.  So there is *quite* a range in the
interest of people that have to find their fuzzies new homes.

I myself suffer from a debilitating chronic illness that can affect how much
ability I have to play with the kids...usually my "playing" consists of
sitting on the floor and rustling things at them, or sitting with them on
leashes outside.  And/or carrying them in their bag.  If I backslide and can
no longer get out of bed, I may end up having to find them a home, simply
because, as was said by someone here, I couldn't bear to see their little
faces in their cage wanting to play, aside from health considerations.  I
don't expect that I will be that bad again, but the one thing that is
certain about what I have is that nothing is certain.  They are my babies,
and it is my responsibility to recognize if I can no longer care for them
properly, and make arrangements so they can be.  My responsibility is what's
best for them.  For this reason, though I would like to get a youngster, I'm
waiting...I hesitate when I say that I have the energy it takes for a little
one, so it's a no go.  Besides, I don't have the cage space in the event
that Rocky and Rosa don't get along with another, since Rocky now terrifies
Rosa!

Kisses to the Fuzzies
Sue (no, Rosa, I can't run around the house screaming so you can
chase me now)
Rosa (I'll love any ferret, except that big bully)
Rocky (I'll sleep in your lap, lay on the floor, and beat up your
other ferrets)
Taz, Coco, & Fezwig, (waving from the other side of the Rainbow
Bridge)