Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:05:59 -0500
From:
Brooke Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
>Boy, do I agree with Bob.  So be aware there are imported ferrets destroying
>all the hard work we've done in getting the public and our states recognize
>our ferrets as sweet and gentle pets.

Ok, this is something that I just will not keep quiet about.  I have 8
wonderful ferrets and one of them just so happens to be an angora that I
purchased from Quality Ferrets (Lars and Nadine Eriksson) last October.  I
just find these stories so hard to believe.  Is this saying that mine is a
fluke?  Ekko is the sweetest, most loving ferret out of my crew!  Recently,
I had surgery and had to get a friend to take care of the ferrets for the
week I was gone.  When I returned, he said I was lucky to still have Ekko,
because he was so wild about him!  He recently told me the reason he has not
come back over since I returned is because he is still trying to get over
Ekko.

See, Ekko is truly a different ferret, not just because of his looks either.
When I walk in the ferret room and they are all sleeping, Ekko is the first
one to wake up and come over to give me kisses and get a belly rub.  My
other 7 "kids" are all MF ferrets.  They are very sweet too, but their
personalities could never compare to that of Ekko.  I know other people with
angora ferrts from the internet....they love and swear by them!  *Any*
animal can be mean if they are not raised in a loving home!  The majority of
ferrets, from the states and imported, will nip as kits.  If they are not
trined not to nip, many will continue to do it.  Kind of like how
rottweilers have such a bad rap....it is not the dog that is so bad, it is
the owner for not raising it right.  It is time to stop placing the blame on
breeds and place it where it belongs..the owner!

How many ferrets have been killed and tested for rabies due to a bite
incident?  Better yet, what is the percentage of MF, PV and other US ferrets
in comparison to these "Swedish ferrets"?  There are more Swedish ferrets
here in the states than you might think, though clearly not as many as MF
and PV and from individual breeders.  Still, I do not believe that these
wonderful little Swedish kids are so mean, and I do not believe that mine is
a fluke!

I don't know about any other importers aside from Lars and Nadine.  I do
know that Lars and Nadine "hand pick" the ones they get carefully.  They
also give them lots of love while they have them.  They care about the
ferrets and the people who they are placed with.

Anyway, that is just my two cents on the matter.  I picked Ekko up in person
and saw several other Swedish kits, both angora and short-hair.  They were
just like these kits we all know and love...playful, full of energy and had
plenty of love to share.

Well, that is enough for now...I still have steam rolling out my ears!

Brooke

http://members.aol.com/FerretFun/frenzy.htm