Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:53:05 -0400
From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
The results of the rabies test on Cocoa, the Lake County ferret, were
negative, of course.  I have heard that the owner wrote a poem for Cocoa and
is buying ad space in her local newspaper to have it printed.  I will ask
her permission to post it here.

Channel 3 WKYC did a somewhat longer story on their 11 pm news on Tuesday.
Corrections from my previous post: they are an NBC affliate (hey the A and N
keys look too much alike) and Bev's ferrets are Tiller and Bouncer (Houdini
must have been whispering to me from the Rainbow Bridge).

On the 11 report, the anchor introduced the story saying rabies have been
increasing alarmingly in the state, mostly carried by wild animals.  This
story is about an animal that isn't wild, but is being treated like it is.
Besides the stuff they showed earlier, the guy from Health said although
there is a vaccine for ferrets, it isn't 100% effective, and that studies
aren't done on shedding periods yet.  Cut to me saying there are lots of new
results in the last 2 years.

They showed closeups of shelter ferret Cricket looking blissful as I rubbed
her ears, smelly young hob Zeus climbing on the carrier (his appointment to
be unmanned is next Thursday), and Bev's beefy blazes, Tiller and Bouncer,
in their carrier and being held by Joy.  Also showed shelter fert Wally in
the carrier next to T&B.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html