Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 21:09:44 UT
From:
Lawanda Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

I have been reading this list for a year now and never post.  We have 4
ferrets, 2 MF Sables, a Blaze and an Albino from Petersens Farms in Mn.  All
but the Albino, Petal, are males.  Yes, girls are definitely different.  She
is about 8 months now and probably doesn't weight much over a lb.  She can
climb anything.  I have never seen anything like it!  She chins herself, and
then pulls herself up into a chair or whatever, and from there can
progressively keep going up.  I used to never worry about leaving things on
the dinning room table, but now I have to put the center piece up each night
before going to bed or it will be off in the floor the next morning
dismantled.  We never put them in their cages unless we have company that
frowns on ferrets, so they pretty well run the whole house.  I'm always
getting strange messages on my computer such as "You must restart windows
before the changes will take effect".

About the best toy I have found yet is the box a bookcase came in.  We
bought an 8' high, one of those you have to put together yourself.  I put
the box (it goes in the garage when company comes) in the living room and
put one end of it in the seat of a char and the other end on top of the back
of another.  They get inside of it and use it for a slide.  They are so
funny when all 4 play in it.  Sometimes only one will be up, and for want of
something to do, he will run up it inside and slide down on his back with
all 4 feet up in the air!  I like to give him a push when he sticks his
heard out waiting for me to make a move on him.  Lt, the Blaze is especially
fond of this.  If you could ever have a favorite, I guess he is mine.  He
gets me up every morning by biting my feet, makes every step I do, and is
always wanting to sleep in my lap.  Our oldest Sable, Darby, is the brains
of the operation.  He can figure anything out.  He loves to steal tomatoes
and take the telephone off the hook.  Kit, our other Blaze, likes to hide
the cordless behind the couch in the den, their play room.  If you are ever
missing anything, it's a good chance you will find it there.  I don't know
what we would ever do without them!  They certainly brighten our lives and
give us so many things to laugh about in a world that seems to have so few.

Lawanda, Charlie and the "Boys" and Petal