Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:47:10 -0700
From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Hi there!

I have a new vet.  She's grand.  I no longer have to call around to vets on
the east coast, vets who have done many more adrenal surgeries than she.
She does it gladly and gets very excited about the results.  She strives to
keep on top of ferret issues, shows her love for animals openly, and is very
easy to talk to and gives lots of understandable, pertinent information.

Last week, she was bitten very, very badly by a tiny little sick fuzzy girl
(we didn't have time to get into what was wrong with her but I will ask
later).  She said I would have been heartbroken if I'd seen her, the little
fur kid was so very skinny and sick.  To boot, she said, this little girl
had been exposed to a group of wild rats (I don't know how!).  Anyway, the
bite was to the bone and my vet spent three hours in an emergency ward and
there was some concern over the finger (her surgery hand) recovering.  But
recover it has!

...of course my heart was in my throat wondering about the little sick fuzzy
at this point, concerning rabies and animal officers...

Of course, my vet said, an animal officer called her and said something
like, "I hope you had that ferret put down and tested for rabies!" She
explained carefully to the officer that the little girl was very sick and
not viscious or rabid at all, and that she had taken the series of rabies
shots and was on antibiotics.  In the end, she said, the officer came
around, and was even friendly, and they talked.

Then...
I'm better, the wonderful vet told me, and better yet, the little ferret is
doing well too!

Thank goodness for good vets, but thank goodness even more for those who
stay abreast of ferret medicine, and love our fur kids as we do.

May all fuzzies lost to love and good care find a way into the warm heart
and tummy filling folds of love...

Lynn and the Gang of Seven (Squeek, Schroedee, and Percy, in
star-skipping spirit)