Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:32:04 -0400
From:
Laura Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Sukie Crandall wrote:
>I do not know details on where the vaccines were obtained or other details
>on the ferrets ill and/or lost to the homeopathic "vaccine", and would not
>feel right asking for details -- after all, those are not my business.
>All I know is that a very reliable vet told me that some people ( No, I don't
>know who, so those who wrote don't have to write again.) who tried their
>best but got very poor advice from someone else wound up heart broken with
>senseless deaths, and I only know that bit because the vet, Steve, and I
>were discussing the large numbers of ferrets mentioned on the list with
>canine distemper this year and that "vaccine" was mentioned.

If you are going to share information, don't you think you should get the
facts?  What good does it do me or anyone to share this?  How am I supposed
to make a judgement on the validity of your information when you give me
nothing to base it on, no one to contact, nothing to research?  What you
have shared amounts to gossip, nothing more.

>If your description of how such "vaccines" are made, Melissa, is accurate,
>and if my interpretation is accurate then that would mean that the
>homeopathic "nosode" you described could even possibly have the potential
>to TRANSMIT live virus.  If so, that's a d---ed irresponsible thing for
>anyone claiming to be healer to do.

Homeopathic remedies are "potentized" which means they are highly diluted
in such a way that the original material is no longer harmful, but the
properties of that small amount of the original material are curative.  As
one example, Rhus Tox is a remedy made from the poison ivy plant and is
used to treat the effects of contact with poison ivy.  I have been using
homeopathy for years and could tell you of many instances that it has
worked very well.  I would suggest you research it.  There is so much
thought and effort given to not only making a homeopathic remedy, but
chosing the correct remedy for the person and condition.  I find it ironic
that you are judging homeopathy with so little information.

Laura

[Moderator's note: Homeopathic medicine for ferrets is on-topic for the FML,
but a general discussion about homeopathic medicine is *not* appropriate and
I have to ask that such discussions take place elsewhere.

For those interested in homeopathic and/or allopathic veterinary medicine
I'd suggest the wellpet list at [log in to unmask] and/or the
comprehensive website at http://www.altvetmed.com                    BIG]