Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:03:44 +0000
From:
Susan Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Hey All,

I have returned from Alaska and am back on the FML.  As soon as we got back
to Colorado I went directly to my parents where the ferrets were.  ( this is
at midnight).  As soon as I saw them I was so happy.  I had forgotten how
cute they were.  At first they were not to sure of who we were.  They played
but did not BOUNCE like I had expected.  We packed them up and headed home.
As soon as we got home they BOUNCED.  The all of a sudden remembered.  The
knew they were home and they knew who we were.  It was fuzzy tails for all
involved!  It was so great.  One thing they did not have at my parents was a
hammock.  Since we have been home all 5 of them have been sleeping there.
It is a riot, a tail sticking out there, a leg here, and a head there, but
they seem comfy.

We created a ferret area at my parents.  They had part of a room with a 2.5
foot wall on one side to keep them in.  I knew Hugo could clear 2 feet but
not 2.5.  According to my Dad Hugo was obsessed with getting over the wall.
If you stepped in the area he would climb up your pants and take a leap for
the wall.  At one point my dad saw Hugo on top of a their little sleep tent
which was in the middle of the room.  He jumped.... and flew.... but missed
the wall by about 5 feet.  A few days later, Hugo was found running around
free.  HE figured to push the tent right next to the wall, then it was cake
from there.  Of all the ferrets he is the one I expected to figure out how
to escape, and he did.  I should have named him Calvin.  He even has that
look in his eyes.  All the rest are in really good shape.  I think they like
my parents a lot and it goes the other way too.  Great ferret sitters.

Take care,
 Sue and her frenzy of 5
(Elbert, Sammy, Izzy, Hugo and Taos)