From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 06:29:59 +0000
Well, I've decided that Rocky's quite a faker:P He's had a cyst off to the
side of one ear that's been acting up, but when he threw up several times in
one day a couple days ago, and was listless the next day, time for the vets.

Well, I had insomnia, and then had to stay up so I could call for the
appointment (vet is very busy).  8 am, now I have to wait until 9 because
they're in a staff meeting.  Get the appointment, get a few hours of sleep.

Rocky seemed to be doing a bit better, and *really* perked up when he went
in the cage.  I ran a few errands, realized I'd forgotten my checkbook, and
on my way back home (before heading back out to the vet's), I stopped at the
local Hardees.

Now, there's a woman who works there that met Rocky and Coco in the drive
through when I first got them, and she just *loves* to see my furkids (it's
great), so Rocky came out of his cage, she called two more people over to
see him, and then her boss:) *L*

Well, Rocky is *fine*.  Not at all lethargic today, happy, or at least he
was until the vet took his temp!  He whined and squirmed, but was good.  I
think he just wanted to get out and see people.  He loves going out, and I
hadn't taken him for a few weeks:P

BTW, Rocky is a shelter ferret, as Rosa is, and I couldn't ask for two
better ferrets.  Both are perfect for introducing people to the joys of
ferrets, Rocky is very mellow when he has his harness on and is out, will
let anyone hold him, Rosa will climb people to be held.  Neither came from
abusive homes, and neither is "damaged".  I've adopted three ferrets who
were, or became ill, and they were also the sweetest things (well, Taz
wasn't, but she was good most of the time, just kinda cranky when tired and
hungry).  Why would someone adopt an ill ferret?  Because they're a ferret!
They are just as loving, just as much a ferret.

Sue M.