From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 20:48:12 EST
I just wanted to post to some who knew Miss Jezebel of her passing to
Rainbow Bridge tonight at 7:22 pm.

She was a special lady, our Southern Belle, who had long, white gloves that
reached to her shoulders.  A lovely chocolate mitt who for no reason, was
rejected by her family and placed in a shelter not once, but twice.  The
second time in, she stayed.  She was named, according to the story, because
"she sleeps with all the boys" -- and so she did, a host of them - Wolf,
Nicodemus, Bruiser, Kyle, Monster, Gizmo, Moe.

She became invaluable to the shelter because of her genteel manners - she
taught the babies cage manners - where the food bowl was and that it wasn't
a toy, how to use a water bottle, what the litter box is REALLY for (thats a
not a play area!).

She swam with us in the Chesapeake Bay.....One 4th of July, she walked and
ran with us on the beach for 1/2 mile....She received her "first time sailor
certificate" from the Cape May - Lewes ferry...She placed 7th out of 12
ferrets in the Seniors ring at the last show we took her to and I was so
proud of her ...She was a true lady through and through....

She will finally join Bandit, her cagemate at Rainbow Bridge.....Jezebel, my
darlin', I miss you already....We love you and we will be together again one
day.....

 JEZEBEL  9/17/90 - 2/21/98

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"