From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:46:45 -0500
Hello Everyone.

Just a cute/funny little story that I had to share.  My non-ferret friends
just don't get.

First the introductions (new poster):

Cailey: 1yr+ female sable, sweet and little (at least compared to the BIG
ONE) She's a real lady, so danty.  She likes to rub her body on different
kinds of fabrics.

Buster: Almost 1yr male sable.  BIG and clumsy.  He loves to play.
Unfortunatly he likes to wait till Cailey finds something new to play with
and then he leaps on top of her and pulls her away so that he can play with
it.  He really is sweet, gives lots of kisses.

Anyway...
I share a house.  So the ferrets stay in my room.  They have a nice 4 level
house with everything they could want inside and out.  But I usually keep
them caged when I'm away and at night.

Since the room has been ferret-proofed, I've been toying with the idea of
letting them stay out, starting with night time.  (At least I'll be there)

Well last night was the first.  I fell asleep, Only to be woken up by the
two of them taking turns climbing up the cage and taking a leap of faith
onto my bed.  Next they would sliver underneath the covers (their wet noses
cold on my feet and skin), sniff my face, jump off the bed and take another
leap again.

So it was raining ferrets in my room last night.
ha ha ha.

Melanie (the one with bags under her eyes)
Cailey, "Ma he started"
Buster, "What? shut up you"