From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 00:18:37 -0400
Harley is a ferret we have in our shelter that was originally diagnosed with
Lymphoma.  Over the past 2 days, his right eye has swollen so large, it
looks like it will fall out.  It has always been swollen, but not like this.

He was never properly diagnosed via needle aspiration due to insufficient
funds.  The Dr. just assumed he had Lymphoma.  His symptoms are swollen
lymph glands, "rattle" in the cheast, swollen right eye, unable to open his
mouth all the way, and a "milky" white glaze in his left eye that the Dr.
commented looked like feline leukemia (but ferrets don't get that).  Other
than that, he acts like a normal 8 month old ferret.  He is hyper,
investigates EVERYTHING and has not lost weight.

I just don't know what to do. I can't afford another opinion from another
Vet and I am not sure how much surgery will be for him. I am assuming that
he has a tumor behind his eye. Can that be fixed? Can that cause the
swollen lymph glands? I am gathering that if the surgery can be performed,
he will lose his eye which does not matter to me but, has any shelter had
difficulty adopting ferrets in this way? If I have to keep him I will, I
just don't want him to die.

Anyone with any info can please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] or mail me
at 1198 Saturnia Cres, Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 2M3
Please do so soon, I am worried about this fuzzy.

Thank you. Randy the F.A.S.T.