From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:48:37 -0700
Hi Everyone...

There I was!  ... My fingers inches from the open mouth of a vicious Swedish
ferret jill with kits... she froze...I froze... and then she reached out and
with all fangs showing...very very gently took the yogurt covered raisin
from my fingers and merrily munched munched and munched while I scrathed her
ears and admired her four beautiful tiny babies just two weeks old.  She had
never seen me before and after finishing off her yogurt covered raisin, she
licked all the crumbs from my fingers, scooted her little ones aside and
shamlessly begged for another treat.

THIS was the NOTORIOUS VICIOUS SWEDISH FERRET!!!  This is one of the
sweetest, most charming, soft petite little mommies with the most adorable
babies I've ever seen.  If this jill has a vicious bone in her body I invite
anybody to trot themselves over here and show it to me.

As I write, I am snuggled up to another vicious maneating Swede.  Let it be
known here "WATCH OUT FOR THIS FUZZY" This 7 lb whole hob by the name of
'Wholelottaferret" aka 'Softy the Fuzzbutt' who has to be one of the
strongest most beautifully coated magnificantly colored ferrets I haved ever
had the pleasure to see and one of the most smoochingest little charmers it
has ever been my delight to party with.

There are a bunch of Swedes here all of the four footed variety and they are
as charming and sweet tempered and well mannered as any American ferret I
have encountered and considerably more pleasant to deal with a vast majority
of the two legged variety of mammels it has been my misfortune to encounter
in my nearly t wenty years as a shelter operaor.

If this is what I have been hearing endlessly from a few individuals is the
vicious and dangerous Swedish genetic breeding line that is destroying the
wonderful reputation of the American ferret thank you anyway I'll take the
Swedes.  Anyone who has a problem with such a swseet tempered little
animal... perhaps we should be looking to the people as the source of the
problem, not the ferrets.

It has been my experience that rarely is it the nature of the domestic
ferret that causes that fuzzy to behave in an unacceptable manner...
invariably the root cause of the inappropriate response in the ferret could
be found to be based in inappropriate behavior by a human being toward the
ferret.  This is commonly referred to as ABUSE.  Mistreat a ferret and you
will reap what you sow.  Treat a ferret kindly and with love and gentleness
and you will have a gentle and loyal companion.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I've got my name on the list and my
raisins in hand for the next available Swede that comes along... and no
guys, there probably isn't a teeny chance that I could get one of these 4
little ones as there is a long list for one of these precious darlings.  But
take it from me they're well wrorth waiting for and that's exactly what I'm
going to do.

FWIW...  IMHO...

Dayna of the Mom Shelter

yep that's me Foggy's Mom... DOOKS!!