From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 01:17:50 -0400
I'll bet you all thought the ferret coloring book was a good idea that died
in the egg.  Au contraire!  It has been in the works since last fall,
plagued by delays such as surgery, car accidents, busy lives, and the
logistics of working on something from four separate locations.  But now it
is nearing completion.

The Fantastic Ferret Fun Book will be 16 pages of drawings and activities
created by Linda Gaylord (The Stationery Ferrret artist) printed on one side
of heavy paper, so that you and your kids can use watercolor markers if you
prefer them.  The card paper cover may also be colored.  The cost, which
includes first class mailing, will be $5.00.  Every penny of profit over the
costs will go to a fund for support of the ferret shelters on the Shelter
Update list.  With this fund, we will purchase food or supplies for the
shelters or perhaps send a check directly to their vet.

A couple of the delays involved finding a sponsor for the printing costs.
Printing the book (even though it is only 16 pages) and mailing it will be
costly enough so that we were disappointed in the amount of profit we would
be able to make for the shelters.  After being refused or ignored by a
couple of companies, Allie of Allie Cats has offered to sponsor a portion of
the printing.  They carry a terrific new line of ferret things (tunnel
runners, pouches, hammocks, etc.).

Another delay was discussing the generous offer of The Ferret Store to sell
and mail the book from their website without any profit to them.  This will
mean that people who are on the internet and do not want to write a check
out to me will be able to charge the book to a credit card.

We are still waiting for the final estimate from yet another printer (the
less it costs us, the more for the shelters!).  We should be able to get it
printed soon ... we hope.  As soon as we know when it will be available, we
will announce it here.

Georgia, Ela and Judith