From:
GALE PUTT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:29:19 -0400
A member of one of the local ferret clubs has decided she wants a pet mink.
Although she knows about ferrets and is an officer in the club she doesn't
know much about mink other than what the person selling the pet mink told
her.  She would be buying an adult mink and because it would be shipped to
her she has to trust the seller as to its temperment.  She is paying over
$300 plus shipping.

I know, as a wildlife rehabber, the minks we see are not of the temperment
to be made into pets even if it were legal, so I can't help her in anyway
except get her questions to the Ferret List.

Has anyone had a mink raised as a pet.  How was it different from the
ferret.  Is there a good chance that her purchase will prove to be a safe
pet that is fun to have.  What are the dangers and difficulties.  What kind
of a relationship will it have with her ferrets.  Although most of us can
guess at the answers, she is looking for first hand experience.  You can
send her E-mail to my address gputt @sescva.esc.edu and I will give it to
her or if you want I can have her call you.  If you want to answer through
the FML thats okay too because I'm giving her copies too.  Thanks, Gale