From:
Gail Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 23:34:24 -0400
Hi all!

I recently (six hours ago) adopted a five or six year old male sable and am
trying to integrate him with my little one, Spot.  Spot, is a small (one
pound) female, about 7 months old.She has a white head, stomach ,legs and
tail, with a silver back, I don't know what color that makes her, but it's
beautiful.  Anyway, I digress.  I adopted the big guy, Ferris from the
teenage son of a co-worker who just left for college.  He must be three
times the size of Spot.  She seems genuinely dismayed by his presence.  She
actually did a double take when she saw him.  They seem to basically be
ignoring each other at this point.  A couple of times they literally ran
into each other and Spot just hissed and ran away.  A couple of times they
wrestled a little bit, and I cought Spot squeaking like he was kiling her,
when in fact he wasn't even touching her.  Very strange behavior.  He seems
to be intrigued by her, but he hasn't seen another ferret in so long, I'm
not sure he remembers how to play.  He is a big sweetie.  He gives kisses
and loves having his neck scratched.  He has been eating supermarket cat
food, and has a very course coat, but will try to wean him onto the Nutro
kitten which Spot seems to thrive on.  He likes raisins and Ferretone, and I
think he'll fit in just fine once they both figure out he is here to stay.

But don't even get me started on the Great Litter Box Training of the New
Guy Project.  That is not going well at all.

Gail, Spot and Ferris